martes, 9 de mayo de 2017

Informal letter

In the ELT class, we were told to do the following activity. You are Skeeter, you are writing to a very close friend of yours in NY. You are shocked about some of the stories you've heard from the afroamerican house helpers.Write a letter and tell your friend some of the stories you have learnt fom them.

Dear Mark,

How is everything going my great friend? I haven't seen you since two weeks and for me it was an eternity! During those weeks, I have heard some weird stories so I am writing this letter to tell you what I heard about Afro-American house helpers, such as how they were treated by white people, how is it working for them and their feelings about this here in my area, Mississippi.

Firstly, someone told me that Afro-Americans felt very bad during working for the whites due to the fact that they are treated as if they were animals. Since they are born, they are forced to learn how to server white people without contradicting them. A specific example of what this person told me was that they can’t use the same toilets because white people believe that if they use the same ones, they would catch a disease. So due to this, they are told to go to toilets outside the houses were they work, they are precarious toilets, not descent ones. This is unbelievable, I was amazed. Secondly, I have heard that they are afraid of sending their kids to school. This is because as they are black, the Kukux-Clan may persecute and kill them, so as a consequence they may lose their kids. This is something inhuman, they can’t live in peace and freely, I am shocked. Lastly, it was extraordinary for me to hear that they work a lot and in so bad conditions for a few amount of dollars and anyone wants to help them, even the discriminative laws can help them, and they live this stories as if they were a routine of life.

To conclude, I wanted to ask you if these types of situations are presented in New York, I think if this happens there you may be as shocked as me when I heard all this stories. A change is needed to let them have a normal life I think so, I would appreciate your opinion also.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Skeeter

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario