sábado, 25 de mayo de 2013

Diary Entry

Our teacher told us to think about the poem "A different history" by Sujata Bhatt. We should remember the theme of the poem and write a diary entry as if we were Sujata Bhat in the times in which the British were colonizing India. We must write 250-300 words.

Here is my Diary Entry:


September 15, 1971.


Dear Diary,

Today is a terrible and stressful day. The British are destroying our conuntry because they are imposing their culture. They are murdering us like animals and I am feeling sad and bad because we are disappearing in a way! At the morning they killed a lovely friend because he was against the British colonization. I cried a lot because I hate these idiots that think they are more powerful people, but they are agressive and helpless guys. We are losing our identities, culture, language and our traditions. Before the British problem, we were really happy, free, each person was with their religion and we studied. But now, we are being destroyed practically. They are abusing of us, I really don't know how this is happening and who the British think that they are. They had taken our ideas, knowledge, identities, they stole us. I had a lot of plans, but what can I do? We are dissappearing. At the afternoon they announced that India is British property. Oh god! That really made me feel so angry... Also, they told us that if we didn't do what they wanted, we would die, we would be murdered. So... we are trying to hide from them, now I am on bed, not happy, and not sad because we will never have peace. I really don't want to be at this place, I am tired and annoyed at this situation, I would like all this to be solved by someone, the man who solves this problem, will be my hero.

Bye, Sujata Bhatt.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario